Thursday 28 December 2023

My first attempt at stand-up comedy


I get out this old video every Christmas, just for a laugh (literally).

It’s my first (and last!) attempt at stand-up comedy.

It all came about when I booked to go on a weekend course called “The Entertainers” - for aspiring amateurs.

I was supposed prepare something to perform on stage in front of an audience on the Saturday night. But I didn’t know that. 

Saturday night came, and I was thrust on stage without warning or rehearsal. I had to wing it without a script.

I decided to mix ad-libbed jokes with some stories about my life and work.

My friends and family laughed when I told them I’d done stand-up.

They’re not laughing now!

Watch 5 minute video. Warning! Politically incorrect in places.

_________________________________________________
Other articles by Jon Danzig:
Follow my journalism on: 
___________________________________________________